Bottom paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timmer

Has anyone used “flex seal” on a fiberglass salt water kept hull ? The manufacturer says it should be fine...I have a 7 kt trawler. With some annoying little leaks that it would probably take care of but ?????
Feedback please.

Has anyone used “flex seal” on a fiberglass salt water kept hull ? The manufacturer says it should be fine...I have a 7 kt trawler. With some annoying little leaks that it would probably take care of but ?????
Feedback please.

A fiberglass hull should not leak. Where are the leaks? Flex Seal might temporarily stop the leaks but it would be a stop gap measure at best. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me. However, I am often wrong.

You need to be more specific about your leaks. Are you planning on using it on the inside or outside? What caused the leaks? Are they structural?

Ted

I used flex seal spray on the inside of 2 deck top lockers. They both leaked and to fix it I would have had to cut holes in places that were NOT leaking. It worked, but anything I put into those lockers got black streaks on them. I would not use it.

Back
Top Bottom