View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #10
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
Ouchh!!! I hate reading FS ads like this one (especially since it's the same boat as mine!!!!).

The poor guy ran aground and the boat nearly sank....Awful situation for the owner BUT could be the deal of the century for someone else! Buy the salvage for $20k and have a NOT impossible at all project on their hands?? It seems like no hull damage from the grounding. I think this Troll can fly again! Or at least swim....LMAO

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...d#.W2JvkWzD9ok
Have the same boat and situation here in Ketchikan. The one here, outfitted with the same top house canvas and such, was sunk raised and engine flushed. It has been purchased from the insurance company by a speculator in California. I called him for information and at that time he was looking for $20,000.00.
I agree with the poster here commenting on the cost of a full re-do of wiring and interior work, also the power is a Volvo, which maybe problamatic if need replaced.
My inquiry was some months ago and the boat sits as it was on the hard in a local marina.
Thought given to pulling the engine, shaft,rudder and going with a 250 hp Honda on a bracket for about a $30,000 package. At at the time guy sounded like he was under water on the deal, bought it sight unseen and doesn't know what to do with it and is paying dry storage rent at the same time. Don't know the current status outside it has not changed at the marina.

Al-Ketchikan
Al is offline   Reply With Quote