Georgian Bay Small Craft Route Charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
I'm starting to plan 2019 season cruise to Georgian Bay and looking for strip charts for the scenic small craft route.
I understand these are split into separate sections w 3-4 charts for each section
If anyone has them I would be interested in buying or borrowing them for May to Sept 2019.
Happy to reimburse anyone for postage & inconvenience or would consider purchase if no longer needed.
Thanks in advance for any offers or leads to those who might be intetested.

Don
"Bacchus"

Have no info on the charts, but wanted to say hi. We waved to you as you passed our slip in Macedon Marina. We saw you coming into the fuel dock and I said to Gerry “that’s Bacchus!” Even though we were too far away to see for sure. But as you floated by we saw for sure. I yelled hello Bacchus and waved. Always neat seeing a TF member!

Aquafarm
Appreciate the welcome.
Have been by before but first time stopping.
Always nice to actually meet what seems like "imaginary friends" from TF

I'm starting to plan 2019 season cruise to Georgian Bay and looking for strip charts for the scenic small craft route.
I understand these are split into separate sections w 3-4 charts for each section
If anyone has them I would be interested in buying or borrowing them for May to Sept 2019.
Happy to reimburse anyone for postage & inconvenience or would consider purchase if no longer needed.
Thanks in advance for any offers or leads to those who might be intetested.

Don
"Bacchus"

Don, I have the complete set. New condition, I got them with the boat. Not sure how old, I'd guess ten years. I'm in Georgian Bay now on the go for the next few weeks, but happy to send them to you sometime this winter as a loan. Drop me a note in October to remind me.

Jeff

Jeff
Thank You...
I believe I have a set that I can borrow. A member of the Great Lakes Cruising Club that I loaned Trent Severn charts to many yrs ago is now their Commodore. Finally heard back and he is cruising GB currently.
If things don't work out I will get back to you.
I do appreciate the offer.

When you are back home and have time I'd welcome any suggestion, must see sights, favorite anchorages, etc.

Don

My experience so far is that there are almost endless nice spots to explore. I'm updating my blog regularly. https://boatingadventuresblog.wordpress.com

I haven't yet used the strip charts for navigation. The Garmin and Navionics plotters I use seem to have as much detail as is found on the charts. I've gone into several areas where there is no detailed soundings, very carefully. :). The water is clear enough to allow eyeball piloting from the flybridge when poking into little coves and they generally have mud bottoms apart from the big rock ridges. Setting bow and stern anchors allows secure anchoring in tight spots. Beautiful area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom