4.236 exhaust elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Island Girl
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 34
Bought my prairie 29 few months back and after getting her to my home marina had noticed a growing exhaust leak from a highly corroded exhaust elbow, this wasnt the original one and appeared more hardware store than marine. After looking all through the web and perkins us had really hard time finding one. Seemed the few I did find were 500 dollars up. Then last week i found a company in UK that had in stock the us elbows and elbow , gasket and 3 day shipping was $145.00 us ! Anyways the thing fit perfectly and was a great savings , its ASAP supplies of UK, part number 202031 hope it helps anyone with a 236

Bought my prairie 29 few months back and after getting her to my home marina had noticed a growing exhaust leak from a highly corroded exhaust elbow, this wasnt the original one and appeared more hardware store than marine. After looking all through the web and perkins us had really hard time finding one. Seemed the few I did find were 500 dollars up. Then last week i found a company in UK that had in stock the us elbows and elbow , gasket and 3 day shipping was $145.00 us ! Anyways the thing fit perfectly and was a great savings , its ASAP supplies of UK, part number 202031 hope it helps anyone with a 236

Thanks-always good to have a source. Could you possibly include the supplier/address/contact site/phone #? As I have this engine, the notation in the log book would be a comfort. Thanks,
Al-Ketchkan

Glad you found it, I actually just ordered another myself, Yesterday I showed my local Marine Mech and he said you wont find that price in any place in the US, As its Aluminum and forged said should not have any mixer tee cracking issues as the homemade ones can have. And the freight just to get it to me in 3 days had to been 1/2 the cost.

Back
Top Bottom