For those that like to tinker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That guy is a toolmaker. I'd like to see one of those so-called "machinists" programmers of today turn out something like that on a tool-room lathe. As the millwright supervisor with the most time in grade, I was tasked with interviewing potential milwright hires for the city and county of Los Angeles. First thing I did was bring the candidate to a lathe and ask him to set up for a single-point 3/4-10. Right off the bat you could tell whether they knew what they were doing.

Ancora is absolutely correct! As a young apprentice tool maker I was told that the lathe is the only machine (at that time) that is* capable of reproducing itself.

That video just blows me away!

I didn't see a piston ring put on at any time.* But the piston looks like it had a grove in it for one.

I have no idea if the guy is a tool maker or just*a hobbiest.

Here is more awesome stuff from NAMES (North American Model Engeneering Society)

(new window)

The engine in the original post just spins on compressed air. It's not a working V12, but there are engines that NAMES people make that DO run! I wish I had taken machine shop in high school after seeing this. :-D

Back
Top Bottom