Old 07-29-2018, 08:16 AM   #11
HeadedToTexas
Guru

City: Sandusky Bay
Vessel Name: Escape
Vessel Model: Mariner 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
On my boat, I do have to bend over and reach around the anchor roller. I don’t bend over very well, but it isn’t really very hard. Maybe you can describe how it works on yours?
I don't have a boat yet and won't for maybe 6-7 more years, but working through these issues helps keep me sane. When the time comes, I hope to have thought about a lot of this ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
I used the snubber over and through the roller technique quite a few times, typically using a rolling hitch, before a buddy gave me a bridle.Works best if there is a center line cleat or Samson post that avoids having to wrap around the windlass. The things I don't like about it are 1) it still puts pressure on the pulpit and 2) introduces chafe to the snubber line. To avoid these, I came to attaching the snubber line to a bow cleat then snaking it back through the roller chute, so when deployed it was clear of the pulpit. Proved to be good practice for attaching the chain plate of the bridle. Of course if you don't have a pulpit with chute, but simply and exposed roller, it's much easier.
Now that makes sense. I've been thinking in terms of a two-point bridle snubber and figured that the Mantus-style hook would not go through the roller, but using a hook that will go through the pulpit roller would sure simplify things.
HeadedToTexas is offline   Reply With Quote