TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
By popular demand (maybe one or two requests) we are starting a thread for the TF SE Florida snow bird gathering in Fort Pierce, FL. It seems February has been a good month to hold it. Also there has been a request to hold it over a weekend. So, let us know of the interest of having another gathering.

Will be there, Lehman willing....:D

I will be there, if for no other reason than to eat Watfa's wonderful food and dock my boat next to Irv's so that people can compare the shine. :rolleyes:

Let's get the dates settled so I can secure my spot next to Bigfish. :D

Ted

We will be there, it’s one of our most enjoyable times of the year with good friends of similar passion plus the opportunity to meet new friend who also share the same passion. Plus Watfa gets to practice her cooking skills and I get to watch people get drunk. Great fun at the cocktail party and the weather has been great the past years.

Let’s do this!

Not knowing the dates I was only able to confirm that if I tip the dockmater sufficiently that I will not be berthed near Very Slow Hand. :)

Don and Larry, thanks again for taking on this thankless job. We all appreciate you tireless work in rounding up the cats.

The good Lord willing Ann and I will be there. No boat though but just a short drive away. Let us know so we can put it in the calendar. :D

I’ll be there this year, if for no other reason, to avoid severe condemnation by Ted. I request, however, that I be parked in the ghetto section in the marina, far from the reflective brilliance of vessels like Slow Hand and Moonstruck!

Allan. It seems you did the same thing last year and I can only assume that you fear (like us all) of having your vessel docked near Ted’s showroom concourse condition Very Slow Hand. After a couple of times of having been humiliated to the core by having other boaters point at the two boats and laugh hysterically at yours you become numb and after a few days of crying you get over it. I still forgive those Dock walker who spit on my boat after viewing Ver Slow Hand. You can even take Larry’s Route and request to be at a different marina albeit within a few miles. I’m happy being a few boats away but I don’t appreciate Ted standing on the dock directing all to compare his boat to mine,UNFAIR!!!

Irv, I'm just wondering, since you show up with a new bigger boat for every TF Gathering that you've attended, how big is the boat going to be for 2019? Does Grand Banks make sixty footers? I'm just hopping there's room at the dock for us little guys.

Ted

Hell I still have some pictures I have been sitting on. And yes....over a weekend works better for us!!! Like Thursday thru Saturday or Sunday!!

Ted. They do have a 60 footer but you would kill me because it cruises at 30 knots, if I had that I would need to tow one of Steve’s (Jack’s) big barges to keep up with you. Actually I’m pretty happy with this little boat and might keep it for awhile, just now getting all the problems resolved (until new ones develope). If I get a big boat I could lift you on my deck and save you fuel.

I knew Baker would be coming, he didn’t finish all the Flor de Cana last year ( left between 1/2 to one ounce). ��

I’ll be there this year, if for no other reason, to avoid severe condemnation by Ted. I request, however, that I be parked in the ghetto section in the marina, far from the reflective brilliance of vessels like Slow Hand and Moonstruck!

That's over near the road where they put me.

It drowns out my salty language as I work on my boat right up to happy hour....it also allows me to claim "road grime" as the reason my fiberglass doesn't sparkle.

Greetings,
I'll alert the flying squad...

giphy.gif

RT. This year your expected, no excuse.

Scott, every year you are a distance from us, I thought it was your choice so you didn’t have to associate with us.

Greetings,
Mr. B. Gee, I'm not sure. Two reasons (so far). I don't know if my weakened physiological state can take the abuse of having a vessel that is in such dire need of a rectification of the deferred maintenance AND that nice judge (and the DA) said that the next time I would be sent up for a LONG time...

200w.gif

RT. This year your expected, no excuse.

Scott, every year you are a distance from us, I thought it was your choice so you didn’t have to associate with us.

You know better than that...

Fancy new floatng docks...fancy new boats.

They put me where if you get a splinter, the staff told me I can blame it on the docks and not my boat.... :D

Now what's this about a firing squad RTF is alerting? :eek:

By night 3, they might be both......

This was at the end of the night!! Watfa had worked her ass off cooking and hosting and doing whatever it is that hostesses with the mostesses do. She sat down with a BIG sigh....and poured herself a glass of wine!!!! Do you notice the level of wine in that cup????!!!!! I challeneged her on it and she said there is not more in there because it wouldnt fit!!!! What a great time. I will post more photos on this thread. I do love you guys!!! And can't wait to see y'all again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit....can someone straighten that thing out!!!!

This was at the end of the night!! Watfa had worked her ass off cooking and hosting and doing whatever it is that hostesses with the mostesses do. She sat down with a BIG sigh....and poured herself a glass of wine!!!! Do you notice the level of wine in that cup????!!!!! I challeneged her on it and she said there is not more in there because it wouldnt fit!!!! What a great time. I will post more photos on this thread. I do love you guys!!! And can't wait to see y'all again!!!

The photo was there now it is gone! Let me try again!!

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 141
Greetings,
Mr. B. Gee, I'm not sure. Two reasons (so far). I don't know if my weakened physiological state....​

Now wait a minute, I seem to remember you offering to judge the next year's swimsuit competition back in 2016. We go to a lot of effort to include the barmaids each year in our festivities. Really think it's time you show up and add an air of legitimacy to our debauchery. Think of this as your opportunity to be the designated driver at a geezers gone wild train wreck.

Hmm, after rereading the above, I may have grossly underestimated your level of common sense. :blush:

Ted

There...

Attachments

• E5EAFBAB-808E-4326-82D0-5A9B2D0BA040.jpeg
    E5EAFBAB-808E-4326-82D0-5A9B2D0BA040.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 130
RT. We have heard your excuse for way too long, now that you aren’t that many miles away we will accept no excuse. I’ll talk to the judge and DA for you, I’ll even get you another ankle bracelet so no one will ever know you’ve flown the coop (flying squad be dammed). Your wit is necessary to keep all the reprobates in lock step.

“No” will not be accepted, we may be old but we can hire muscle.

Ray. Baker is drunk again and Wendy is busy doing other things but thanks for fixing his photo.

Greetings,
Mr. B I'm ONLY witty on paper/internet from my mom's basement. In person, I'm dull, dull, dull.

giphy.gif

Greetings,
Mr. B I'm ONLY witty on paper/internet from my mom's basement. In person, I'm dull, dull, dull.

giphy.gif
I confirm, no interest at all, just a plain old bloke capable of emptying your fridge, believe me pass your way lol
No offense my dear Mr RTF just joking of course :)

L

Back
Top Bottom