View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
nwboater

City: Gig Harbor WA
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: American Tug 34
RE: Trawler Search/new to forum

Hello Darren and Lisa,

We share a few things in common; we both live in the PNW (I'm just across Admiralty Inlet on Whidbey Island), I too produced and directed television documentaries (PBS, Discovery Networks), my email address*has*nearly the*same name as your*new venture (nwboater)...and I own a Willard 40! But most interesting, before buying Northstar, I took a serious look at the Silver Lady,*moored at that time on Hood Canal. The boat was indeed built by Willard Marine in the 60's and designed by none other than the venerable Willian Garden.*The boat has gone through several owners over the years (I first admired her in the late 90's*on Lake Union.) She is a lot of boat for the money and will probably*make a good home/studio and*cruising boat for the Inside Passage.*As I recall, she is a low-profile, beamy boat with*the signature Garden*Portuguese bridge. The pilothouse/galley*was*spacious and comfy and aft*salon was*huge! When we toured the boat in 2007, she*was in fair condition and I recall the owner assuring me with confidence that she*could leave for Alaska that afternoon -- "with no worries" Maybe you and Lisa will bring her back to Puget Sound? Wish I could offer more useful info*about her machinery, hull, etc., I just recall that she was*too much boat for us, but certainly a handsome and sturdy*appearing*vessel indeed.*Welcome to the "Dark Side" and let us know*what you decide*for your new*floating studio -- Richard******
nwboater is offline   Reply With Quote