Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
OldDan1943
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I’m woefully ignorant about refrigeration, but wouldn’t the issues we’re talking about here apply consistently to both AC and DC operation? The problem we’re having appears 100% of the time on DC. There is a sporadic problem on AC—not sure it’s the same problem—and it only happens maybe <1% of the time.
Another guess: There may be an electronic "board" that does the voltage change-over. I looked at Grand Banks, the teak floor had a big gouge in it. I asked what happened. He said, he did that when when moving the fridge to replace the electronic (automatic) change-over board. 120vt to 12vt. Might want to look into that when the tech comes to visit.

I'd still consider all the previous mentioned possibilities while you have the refrigerator pulled out.

Per the AC, restricted water flow. Back flush from the strainer through to SW inlet. I do that every time I clean the SW strainer. I made up a gadget from a spare strainer top. Put a FW hose fitting on top. Back flush for a couple of minutes. Take the gadget off, replace it with the original top, works every time except for the time when the SW pump sucked a plastic bag through the SW inlet and it lodged in that hose between the hull inlet and and the SW strainer. I have a Little Giant seawater pump for 2 ACs.... Now that's a lot of sucking power.