What kind of boat is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealdog

Vessel Name
Argo
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
This was cruising the ICW in NC. She's beautiful! I have never seen a trawler/swift trawler? like this before. Can someone identify the make? Thanks!

Attachments

• 36933717_10158757442029988_5746376172841730048_o.jpg
    36933717_10158757442029988_5746376172841730048_o.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 355
Greetings,
VERY poor ad. No listing (I may have missed it...only on 2nd cup of Joe) of beam, draft, tankage (ANY tankage), no estimated range, no engine hours...

I expect a buyer with a spare $1.8 mil is not concerned with such trivialities. How pretentious.

Last edited:
Twin 35KW generators and no mention of fuel capacity, probably don't want to know. A Bidet in the master head, think that's the first time I've seen one in the sub 100' category.

Ted

greetings,
very poor ad. No listing (i may have missed it...only on 2nd cup of joe) of beam, draft, tankage (any tankage), no estimated range, no engine hours...

I expect a buyer with a spare $1.8 mil is not concerned with such trivialities. How pretentious.

lol

Greetings,
VERY poor ad. No listing (I may have missed it...only on 2nd cup of Joe) of beam, draft, tankage (ANY tankage), no estimated range, no engine hours...

Your captain is paid to worry about those trivialities.

Too much *bling*

I was talking to the owner/builder of a Michael Kasten Coaster 40 (opposite end of the aesthetic spectrum from the boat above) that has been in our marina for the last month.

I told him how much I liked his boat, in that it looked like it was designed from the outside in...purposefully designed for its intended use and expected sea states, then the accomodations and interior were made to fit.

The boat above looks like it was designed from the inside out...all the "much needed" accommodations and amenities accounted for, then thought was given to the exterior design.

Much prefer the outside in approach!

Last edited:
It is "seriously for sale." Is that like being a little bit pregnant?
Considering the number of ads you see where the owner is very obviously NOT serious about selling, I think it makes a certain amount of sense to point out that in this case the owner actually is serious... That is, if they are.

Rusty

With twins in photos... They must mean twin 400 hp Mans in written detail of "Man 800 hp.??

I wonder its cruise speed, WOT speed and total cruising range at the most efficient speed.

No, twin Man 800 hp would be what they would have. A bit under powered. By comparison in Mochi's largest boat today, a 74', they offer twin 1381's or 1623's. It would be nice if the broker had actually included specifications. Mochi is now into the lobster boat or down east type design, but their distinctive approach. Very nice boats. They use MAN 800's for their 54' models with a 32 knot wot and 28 knot cruise. We have them on a 44' Riva.

Mochi doesn't offer LRC's today. That boat was marketed as a 23 meter, 75', although LOA is 77'. I did find on one source, a cruise of 13 knots with max of 15 and a range of 1300 nm which is consistent with our consumption on the same engines and about 0.65 nmpg. Very nice boat.

Ferretti called it a trans-planing hull. Here is a review from 2010.

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/mochi-craft-75-long-range-cruiser.13179/

Lack of direct access to the aft deck is a deal breaker for me.

Lack of direct access to the aft deck is a deal breaker for me.

That was my first reaction as well, but after thinking about it I think I could get used to it. It certainly makes that salon spacious without the need for the aft door.

I have a real distaste for sliding glass doors however and there are a lot of them. I also don’t like only having one door in the PH.

However, that boat isn’t designed for someone like me and how I use a boat.

I wonder if the electrical system is European 240v or American 110v? Looks like it was purpose built for an American client. Galley equipment is a mix of Euro and USA.

Back
Top Bottom