View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
twistedtree
Guru

City: Vermont
First let me say that I haven't owned either an ITR (Hurricane) or Kubola, but I know a number of people with both. Most of the people I know with Hurricane systems have had issues, but in fairness, many have been system design and installation issues, not boiler issues, so can't blame Hurricane for all those problems.

As for Kabola, everyone I know who has one loves it. Few if any problems reported. So there is no doubt that they work well.

For me personally, I prefer Olympia. There is too much complexity in the Kabola, accompanied by too little documentation for my taste. I'm helping a friend design a system around a Kabola currently, and the most basic things like the electrical control interface to the Kabola are not documented. I can make a pretty good guess, and will probably be right, but I shouldn't have to guess. And they are only sold and distributed by a single firm in the US. In contrast, the Olympia is well documented because it's all widely used components from the heating industry. Common parts I can literally buy in a hardware store, and even the most complex parts I can get from any HVAC supply house. That's more to my liking.