welder needed - Florida Keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Lowthian

Vessel Name
Acadia ll
Vessel Make
CHB
Hi all. Boat is in Marathon, Florida. Need some welding work done to reinforce my davits on the stern. Have called about half dozen welders, either no answer or no call back. They can't all be that busy? Anyone know one that is available?

Hi all. Boat is in Marathon, Florida. Need some welding work done to reinforce my davits on the stern. Have called about half dozen welders, either no answer or no call back. They can't all be that busy? Anyone know one that is available?

You may want to also consider welders in Key West.

Have you talked to one of the boatyards there in town? Or one of the big Marina's live Municipal or Marathon? Those guys seemed to know everyone.

I have family in the Keys. Many many people left after last years storm and have not come back. Combination of loss of business and loss of housing. It may take some effort to find a welder.

Marathon was devastated by Hurricane Irma, as was most of the Keys from Marathon to to Cudjoe Key (about 20 miles East of Key West). I could easily imagine every person with building / construction / repairing skills is booked solid for the indefinite future.

As noted above, you might try Key West - they fared much, much better than Marathon, et al, and the businesses there tend to be more like actual, established businesses than in many parts of the Keys, where things are a little more "casual".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom