3 burner oven and stove recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senangsekali

Vessel Name
Senang Sakali
Vessel Make
North Sea 37
My wife loves to cook. (everyday). We have a 4 burner propane magic chef rv oven in the boat now, that is getting pretty old and crusty. Any of you chefs out there, recommend a good temp controlled oven for a replacement. Must be propane.
Thanks

I had a magic chef on the old boat. No complaints about it. The new boat came with electric. I replaced it with an Atwood. Now the chef on the boat finds them to be no different. I find the the Atwood goes through propane almost 50% faster. I think suburban bought magic chef but I am not sure of that.

I had a magic chef on the old boat. No complaints about it. The new boat came with electric. I replaced it with an Atwood. Now the chef on the boat finds them to be no different. I find the the Atwood goes through propane almost 50% faster. I think suburban bought magic chef but I am not sure of that.
The magic chef is a really good oven other than getting old and not in the best shape.

The weakness with the magic chef was the oven door hinge attachment. Once the screw stripped out the oven door would not seal correctly. 18 years of live aboard took its toll on the first magic chef. The second one is still going strong, just I don’t own that boat anymore.

We switch ours out for a Force 10 four burner and the Admiral loves it, temperature controlled oven with a broiler to boot.

We switch ours out for a Force 10 four burner and the Admiral loves it, temperature controlled oven with a broiler to boot.

I was looking at that one. Also the dickenson Mediterranean are in my sights

Read this critique of the Mediterranean prior to purchase.

Over the years I've had 2, 3 and 4 burner Force 10's. Maybe If I keep buying them they will eventually make a grate that my small saucepans don't tip over in. The four burner was a waste of time as there was only room for three pots and one of them was never going to heat up evenly.

Read this critique of the Mediterranean prior to purchase.

Over the years I've had 2, 3 and 4 burner Force 10's. Maybe If I keep buying them they will eventually make a grate that my small saucepans don't tip over in. The four burner was a waste of time as there was only room for three pots and one of them was never going to heat up evenly.
thanks for the info

Aging propane stoves can leak at the valves controlling the burners. And may not have flame out cut offs for the burners.
We replaced an OEM RV type, could have been a Princess, with a 3 burner Italian made SMEV. It may sell under other brands elsewhere, I long suspected the name was to make it sound like the well known SMEG Euro brand. It has performed well.

i have a leak detector and automatic shutoff valve. I would hate to have go on me while travelling somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom