Has anyone tried Zulu Waterways?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusCan

Guru
Vessel Name
Kokanee
Vessel Make
Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
A new Australian boating program has appeared - similar to the US's Active Captain.
It getting populated fairly well on the east coast of Australia by the sailing fraternity, although South Australian info is still very sparse.

Are there any TF members using it?

www.zuluwaterways.com

Shortly before departing TF,Mr AC hinted something was planned for Australia.
I just visited the site and got a world map with lots of markers on it. How do you use it?

Click on the little gear in the upper right corner of your screen (next to the sign in) and then click on the intro video. It explains all the basics.

Hi AusCan, ZW has just added 50+ icons in South Australia. Mostly anchorages. We still need to go in and add marinas and fuel docks. We will begin this soon. Any help in adding marinas and fuel docks would be appreciated.

Hi Herreshoff, It's a great product you have there. -and nice to see that the SA area is getting populated with data. I'll try to add some local info when I have a few minutes.

Hi Herreshoff, It's a great product you have there. -and nice to see that the SA area is getting populated with data. I'll try to add some local info when I have a few minutes.

Hi AusCan.

Did you get a chance to find in some of the blanks for the South Australian area? Let me know if you need anything.
PS. We are starting to work on the offline version now.

I use and contribute to ActiveCaptain's Australia markers. What is the rationale for supporting a 2nd service in such a tiny market?

It doesn't make sense to support both, but If choosing one I try to support local services whenever possible.

Hi AusCan.

Did you get a chance to find in some of the blanks for the South Australian area? Let me know if you need anything.
PS. We are starting to work on the offline version now.

Herreshoff, I haven't yet. I'm about 10,000 km from my boat and my waypoints until September. But I'll get there eventually.
I had a bit of a play with inputing data, and it all seems fairly straightforward.

Herreshoff: do you have a commercial or special interest (beyond being an ordindary user) in Zulu? If yes, it is standard practice on this Forum to be upfront and declare such an interest. (Zulu looks good BTW and I wish you well with it.)

Last edited:
Herreshoff: do you have a commercial or special interest (beyond being an ordindary user) in Zulu? If yes, it is standard practice on this Forum to be upfront and declare such an interest. (Zulu looks good BTW and I wish you well with it.)

Hi Aquabelle. Yes, me and my partner are the deveopers of ZW.

Apologies for not making that more clear. In the future when responding to someone posting about Zulu Waterways I will state first in my response that I am involved in this way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom