View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #17
BrianSmith

City: Wherever Smartini is
Vessel Name: Smartini
Vessel Model: 2002 Kristen 52' Flybridge Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Have the identical problem. A less than secure socket on the “run” relay looks like it may be a prime candidate. Shutdown was measured in many hours, then a few hours, now inside 30 minutes. I may rebuild the whole box if need be, but I still need to check the position of the sensors. Pain in the butt on these hot days at anchor when you need the A/C.
Larry, I'd try what was suggested here - pull the relays out, use pliers to put a very minor twist in each pin, then put them back in with dielectric grease on each connection. Put them in and out several times to make sure they're making good contact.

Then, to eliminate vibration as the culprit, disconnect the whole relay/socket bank from the side of the control box (just two nuts and bolts - don't drop them!), and use some long zip ties to suspend that whole bank in the air in the middle of the box, thereby eliminating 99% of the vibration on the relay/socket bank. (This is just temporary - at some point, I'll reattach it to the control box.

The only other thing I did was put a jumper around the fuse as described in post #10, above. I won't know for sure if it's fixed until I run it for a solid 2 - 3 hours, but it behaved perfectly for an hour yesterday!
BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote