Adding an avatar of our Albin-25, the DuNORD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moby Nick

Vessel Name
Du NORD
Vessel Make
Albin-25
Just checking to see if Avitar uploaded OK. Am avidly soaking up knowledge from veteran Trawler Cruisers. Our boat is small because it must be TRAILERABLE. Rockford, IL is far from "big water". We cruised all three coasts in our former trailerable sailing yawl.

FRriends refer to our Albin as a "Mini Trawler", however, since this boat, built in Sweden in 1976, predates the term "Mini Trawler", I prefer to call her a "Scandinavian-style Motor Cruiser".

One of the most successful designs ever, with over 2000 built. I was looking at used ones a while ago, and was surprised at how many one owner boats there were from the 1970's.

Being easily trailerable would sure open up some interesting mid continent cruising areas, or the Arctic Ocean, etc... :thumb:

Du Nord looks great in her avatar! Always had a soft spot for the Albin 25; guess that's why we owned two over the years!

Tell us some more about Du Nord, year, model, engine?

Du Nord looks great in her avatar! Always had a soft spot for the Albin 25; guess that's why we owned two over the years!

Tell us some more about Du Nord, year, model, engine?

The DuNORD is a Deluxe model built in 1976, still operating her original Volvo-Penta MD-17C motor. Her first owner, a civilian employee at Quantico, had her for many years. Second owner of several years in New York did not use her much, but did put a new trailer under her for a move to Madison, WI, where we found her for sale 9 yrs ago. Our principal upgrades have been having everything above the rub rail stripped and repainted in Awlgrip, new cushion upholstery in both cabins, and opening windows on either side of the helm.

Cousins of my wife's in Norway who operated a similar boat on the Oslo Fiord turned us onto the possibilities with this type of vessel after sailing since age 10. Our last sailing vessel was an eminently trailerable 28' Shearwater Yawl by Edey & Duff.

We plan to cruise the Slate Islands at the far N shore of Lake Superior in August.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom