New to the Trawler Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V8 BUG

Hello from Amherstburg Ontario Canada.

We have owned our trawler Scarry, since 1992. Lately I have been doing a bit of research on our boat. Unfortunately the gentleman who built the boat has passed and I cannot ask him any questions. I came across this forum and found it to be a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all the members that add all of the valuable information. I hope to add to that and show a few pictures of some upcoming projects i have planned.

For now here are a few pictures of our Trawler.

Attachments

• Fall 2010 boat lift-cropped.jpg
    Fall 2010 boat lift-cropped.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 137
  • LaSalle-20130506-00016.jpg
    LaSalle-20130506-00016.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 136
Cool boat! Welcome aboard.

Welcome Bug! What kind of boat is she? Is she a one-off build? Engine(s)?

She's sure got great lines.

Thanks for the complements guys

Yes it’s a one off custom build
Built by Charlie Ryan in Sarnia Ontario 1989
Scarry has a single Volvo 4cyl turbo @ 140hp

He built a few boats I would like to connect with the other owners and was hoping this forum may help with that

Welcome to TF . Great looking boat. Beautiful sheer line.

Charlie also built Badger. See pic below. This boat was in Port Dover last time I saw it. (Christmas 2017)

Attachments

• 7-Badger-07-01-09-g_o_.jpg
    7-Badger-07-01-09-g_o_.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 117
Is that an exhaust stack, or a chimney for a solid fuel stove?

That bow pulpit almost looks like a short Tuna Pulpit. Beautiful lines all around.

Is that an exhaust stack, or a chimney for a solid fuel stove?

That bow pulpit almost looks like a short Tuna Pulpit. Beautiful lines all around.

Its a dry exhaust. This boat does not take any water from the river. Internal Keel cooled with 36 gallons of antifreeze.

Welcome aboard! That is a beautiful boat. I was going to ask about the exhaust but Shrew beat me to it.

Flying bridge and pulpit, my kind of boat.

How about some interior photos?

Oooh yes, that is nice! And a single green monster for propulsion. Well done and welcome aboard sir.

A sharp-looking boat. Obviously with a single engine. And without a bow thruster, expect you are highly accomplished with the boat's maneuverability.

Beautiful lines, especially the sheer line!

What is the hull and deck material?

Below are a few interior pics. Its pretty simple inside. Hull and decks are 3/16" steel and the cabin sides are 1/8" steel. My Dad taught me how to drive this boat. He was very accomplished, me....i'm still learning. The Helm Chair is from my Dad's first boat, a 1929 34' JJTaylor Sport Fisher. I rescued the chair just before they destroyed the boat with a backhoe.

Again, Thanks for the nice comments

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 69
  • LaSalle-20130514-00018.jpg
    LaSalle-20130514-00018.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 78
  • LaSalle-20130514-00022.jpg
    LaSalle-20130514-00022.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 74
  • LaSalle-20130514-00021.jpg
    LaSalle-20130514-00021.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 76
  • LaSalle-20130514-00025.jpg
    LaSalle-20130514-00025.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 67
Great looking boat.

And your questions are??

I would suggest a magnetic compass for the upper bridge.

Good suggestion about the compas

There’s a lot of thinks I want to do probably starting with some sun shades Bimini top for the bridge and possibly a welded aluminum roof extension for the back deck Will get to them as funds allow

Beautiful lines, especially the sheer line!

What is the hull and deck material?

Maybe I missed it but, what is the length and beam?

Last edited:
Thank you for your welcome!

I have no idea if this is where to post a question, but here goes.
Hi all,
My wife Annie and I are new to the forum. We recently purchased a 36’ Grand Banks Trawler from A dealer in Bellingham, Washington. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are thinking of bring our boat down the coast ourselves.We previously owned a Grand Banks 32 for 14 years, but have been out of boating for quite a while. We are wondering if any of you have done this trip and could give us some tips as to what to expect. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Chuck and Annie.

My wife Annie and I are new to the forum. We recently purchased a 36’ Grand Banks Trawler from A dealer in Bellingham, Washington. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are thinking of bring our boat down the coast ourselves.We previously owned a Grand Banks 32 for 14 years...
There was a member in Bellingham with a GB36, what is the name of the boat you bought?

Keep an eye on the weather updates for any severe storms as you make your way of course. And brush up on your chart skills since its been a while. As you have no way to be certain that everything will work without fail on your journey, a battery powered hand held radio and gps is a good idea.

I have no idea if this is where to post a question, but here goes.
Hi all,
My wife Annie and I are new to the forum. We recently purchased a 36’ Grand Banks Trawler from A dealer in Bellingham, Washington. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are thinking of bring our boat down the coast ourselves.We previously owned a Grand Banks 32 for 14 years, but have been out of boating for quite a while. We are wondering if any of you have done this trip and could give us some tips as to what to expect. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Chuck and Annie.

Instead of hijacking this thread I suggest you start your own thread with a heading that explains what you need like: Need Help Cruising From Washington to San Francisco. Your request will reach more people & you'll get a lot more responses that way. I'd also do a search for previous related threads. Good Luck! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom