Any info on this boat? Is the owner a member here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben2go

Guru
Vessel Name
Shipoopi
Vessel Make
derilic sailboat
This boat has caught my eye. It's a '78 Marine Trader Europa 36. It's a bit more boat than I was looking for. If it's running and the hull is in good condition, I can make any needed repairs and upgrades. I was planning to buy in three years once my son was out of school and off to the Air Force. If, major if, I could strike the right deal, I could have the boat trucked to my home and do all the work over the next three years and splash her all refresh and shinny again.

Fair Haven

1978 Marine Trading Europa 36 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I called about that boat last year. I told the broker that Taiwan boats of that vintage are know for leaking fuel tanks, spongy decks, leaking windows and rotted wood. He said I described it pretty accurately. At the time it was a live aboard for an elderly gentleman, so condition of the engine/running gear was unknown. That being said, a survey would help identify most of the problems areas. Working on it at home would be a great way to resurrect it properly, assuming you have the skills and the checkbook to do it.

I called about that boat last year. I told the broker that Taiwan boats of that vintage are know for leaking fuel tanks, spongy decks, leaking windows and rotted wood. He said I described it pretty accurately. At the time it was a live aboard for an elderly gentleman, so condition of the engine/running gear was unknown. That being said, a survey would help identify most of the problems areas. Working on it at home would be a great way to resurrect it properly, assuming you have the skills and the checkbook to do it.

The skills, yes. As I sell of personal items and property, I will put it back into the boat. I have learned to be pretty frugal. I have some contacts in the boating community around me that would payoff in money and time saved when I need parts and such.

I just emailed the listing agent on this boat last week. This was his reply:

"Ron <ron@dunbaryachts.com>
Jun 15 (3 days ago)
to me
Hi Christopher,

The engine runs. The boat has a lot of water intrusion and wood rot. She has soft decks. The boat needs some major repairs as it is not just cosmetic.

Regards

Ron Barnett"

I just emailed the listing agent on this boat last week. This was his reply:

"Ron <ron@dunbaryachts.com>
Jun 15 (3 days ago)
to me
Hi Christopher,

The engine runs. The boat has a lot of water intrusion and wood rot. She has soft decks. The boat needs some major repairs as it is not just cosmetic.

Regards

Ron Barnett"

More than I am willing to do, unfortunately. If I was a young man though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom