Vape Fume Detector Going Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was just a test, wasn't it?? :facepalm:

Rich K

All of the above is why I joined this forum.
Great job everyone:thumb:

Great thinking, OD! Water softener—who would'a thunk?

In the second picture behind the exhaust hose, looks like daylight showing through the hull side. Might be a failed thru-hull fitting.

Great thinking, OD! Water softener—who would'a thunk?

Dont give me too much credit. If he had moved the bag of salts, it would have taken all of us a year to figure it out. After all, who has a water softener on a boat. SHRUG.
If I hadn't said something first, someone else would have question the bag of salts and then moved on to the obvious water softener. For me, ...... I would either remove the water softener or permanently defeat that alarm. None of us want that alarm going off in the middle of the night.

That wiring is sloppy, all around. Especially that air loop hanging over what look like AC wires. That's bad form. Wire should be secured so it doesn't move. Movement leads to cracks and failed connections.

If you use zip ties take care to get UV-resistant ones as they'll age better. That and don't over-tighten them and cause failures in the insulation around the wires.

Same thing goes for hoses, anything loose enough to move it loose enough to chafe against something. Use padded hangers meant for hoses, not zip ties.

A few hours spent buttoning things up can save you a ton of money later on sudden repairs due to worn-through hoses and wires.

Not trying to add to the wire comments but is that Romex going into a blue outlet box in one of those pics? May want to replace all non stranded wire when you get to that part. And boxes at junctions should be waterproof if in an area that gets wet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom