Outboard gas tank cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A330NRT

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Charis
Vessel Make
Custom 42' Pilothouse Trawler
Has anyone found a replacement outboard gas tank cap that has a spout for emptying the tank? I know there are ones for regular 5 & 6 gallons gas cans.

Ken Shanley
MV Charis

I have not.... but you can use your existing fuel line to set up a siphon to drain your outboard tank that way. Just needs snap-on fitting to open the "other end" of the line, at the target receptacle end, and it'll get most of the gas out.

-Chris

Tractor supply sells spouts by me and new vent caps to bring back the old style.

Can even find it on Amazon I bet look up ez pour replacement spout. I also have one of those shake siphon tubes with the clear tube and a copper end with a ball inside. Makes it very easy to start draining a full can.

I just use a huge funnel in a jerry can and tip the gas tank and dump it. Am I too simple?

Has anyone found a replacement outboard gas tank cap that has a spout for emptying the tank? I know there are ones for regular 5 & 6 gallons gas cans.

Ken Shanley
MV Charis

Get a Justrite safety can with the spring-loaded cap. Put the nozzle in, squeeze the release handle, and fill with nary a lost drop.

I would like to find a tank about 3 gal. with the cap in a position that would be the low spot when the tank is emptied. All I have seen make it impossible to drain the last few ounces, you know, the ones with the specks of grit on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom