Old 06-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #22
Insequent
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rambler View Post
We visited last autumn but hit unlucky with the weather up around Cairns for our trip out to the reef, overcast and poor visibility.
Later in our holiday my son hired a catamaran and we enjoyed our week cruising around the Whitsundays, a big change from our normal cruising on the French canals and the Med.
Have a safe and happy cruise.
I did notice your posts during your visit. Weather more often than not is less than ideal. The SE trade winds blow most of the winter season at around 15 kn. When they take a break it can be fabulous. I'm enjoying zero wind at present in Garry's anchorage at the southern end of the Great Sandy Straits. A pity I'm not farther up the coast to be out on the reef, but I'll get some good days over the next few months I'm sure. I'm cooling my heels a little as some deliveries to my daughters place at Hervey Bay are still a week out. I'm OK with a few days at a marina in Urangan, but prefer to anchor out.

There's always a bit of maintenance to do to keep myself amused. eg Today I'm going to try and re-attach a shaft brush that broke off my bonding system.