On the rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep-its LindaLee high and dry, Fortunately Abaco Yacht Service was 150 yds away- we were hauled ,props fixed and on our way in 3 days. Scott and Crystal were great.
After 60 years of boating Maine to Panama and a few bottom hits it still feels stupid to misread channel markers.
Bob N

Going aground

After 45 years of cruising Maine to Key West the WHEN NOT IF got me again.
A narrow channel and not paying enough attention got me. Fortunately Abaco Yacht Service yard was 100 yds away and Scott and Crystal took care of us. Only damage was bent props. Moving at 3kts does help but is still costs $$

Three days later LindaLee cruised back to Miami and onto Sarasota at 16kts with good weather.

Bob N

A narrow channel and not paying enough attention got me. Fortunately Abaco Yacht Service yard was 100 yds away and Scott and Crystal took care of us. Only damage was bent props. Moving at 3kts does help but is still costs $$

Three days later LindaLee cruised back to Miami and onto Sarasota at 16kts with good weather.

Bob N

Glad all is ok!! are you in Sarasota now?

Bob N

:thumb:

NOT IF_ITS WHEN/LindaLee

After 40 years of cruising Maine to Georgetown-plus a couple of trans-atlantics I am always surprised at the errors I make ,albeit, not many. Fortunately again only bent props-like this one.. Abaco Marine Service took good care of us and had us underway in three days.

After 3years/1100 engine hours/8-10,000 miles of great cruising LindaLee will be put up for sale next week. Time for a smaller fishing boat.

Bob Nordstrom
978-852-4844 cell

Back
Top Bottom