Weaver System Davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabag

Veteran Member
We're looking at buying a HydroForce inflatable from Costco. We would plan to use the Weaver davit system on the swim step, and a rotating engine mount for when the boat is in the raised position. Is there a similar "rotating" system for fuel tank and battery? How have people dealt with that - remove battery and fuel each time the dink is raised?

Thanks in advance-

Seabag

I think you will have to plan on removing both fuel and battery. How big is the engine?

It occurred to me that if you can use a 9.9 or 15 hp engine, Lehr engines have the battery installed under the engine cover and wouldn’t need to be removed. Since they run on propane, the tanks could be secured in the boat with no danger of spilling.

Along those lines, you could secure an AGM battery in the boat. They don’t mind being on their side. I don’t think I’d try leaving a gasoline tank on it’s side.

I had an L shaped gas tank in a dinghy on Sea Wise davits. The tank was designed to let the gas go into the top of the L shape when on it’s side so it wouldn’t leak. Worked great.

I used a tank that had a fill at one end. The tank is set so the fill was in the up position when the dink was on the davits. No leak problems. The battery was an AGM that was strapped to the floor of the dink so no problem with it when the dink was raised.

Back
Top Bottom