Strolling the Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Other Gary

Vessel Name
Adios Dinero
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3988 2 x 330 Cummins

Sometimes when I walk the beach my mind is on a different journey.
It is a place to think about the day or dream of the future but most often to
reflect upon the past, of roads not taken and the ones I have travelled.
I recall people I have known, happy events, friends and yes, opportunities lost.
Sometimes the memories are simply mundane and serve to hold the rest together
as a whole. Often they are simply a reflection of life lived well without regret.

F. Scott Fitzgerald expressed it well in the last line of The Great Gatsby,
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

And what did you smoke today? :whistling:

I don't partake of any of that stuff, but I really enjoy walking the beach and contemplating, if only for a few minutes, to recharge.

Just joking Gary. Meditation is great for spirit and soul whether on the beach or in a quiet space on board.

I do hear ya Gary,
The beach is where we feel life began. It’s the begining of land .. where we live most often. A great place to think and play.

Thanks for the small break in material things, people fighting for power and money and just the grind. Her’s to the beach ... cheers.

Ah yes, "long walks on the beach". Bet the women love you for that.

I tell them, when they talk about long walks on the beach, "I'll wait in the car and beep the horn and flash the headlights so you can find me and the car, on your return walk."

Last edited:
The name of our boat is Beach Music.A lot of people think it's about actual music, but it's about the sounds you hear when walking along the beach. Also a reference to a really good Pat Conroy book that was one of my late mother's favorites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom