View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
I was so discombobulated by all of this that in my original post I forgot to mention that the boat has hydraulic shifting and throttle controls. So it makes sense that if a hydraulic line blows you're going to lose control of those two functions on that engine. While doing some troubleshooting I went down into the engine room and found hydraulic fluid on the floor and in the bilge, beneath where the port engine controls are.

I also forgot to mention that the mechanic and his son, who also works there, are headed down early today to try to fix the boats. I sat with both of them yesterday for about 45 minutes explaining what happened, what symptoms we saw and we brainstormed about what the problems could be. Well, actually they brainstormed and I pretty much just tossed in bits of info to the discussion.

They both are familiar with the controls on my boat and I will add that they have said that my boat is the only one they would make a "house call" on to do a repair. Aside from being my mechanic, Jim is a good friend.