Perfect day in paradise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: Offshore conditions today (and tomorrow is forecast the same) 85 degrees, seas officially 1' at 5 seconds but I think less than that. Light breeze around 5-7 knots. It was like being on a calm lake. Last weekend was lousy seas and we didn't get out, but this makes up for it all. West Palm for lunch today and Nasher Art Museum. Tomorrow, Miami or Bimini or who knows. :D

I know wherever you are, you live for these perfect days and they do come around.

Nice to hear at least somebody's got some decent weather now. We've just had another session with several straight days of rain, flooding (e.g., up in Ellicott City... again...), and so forth.

And then we're replacing interior hull liners and carpeting, and adding sound abatement underlayment just now... so I guess we couldn't have traveled much, anyway <sigh>...

Maybe it'll be perfect toward the end of this week. :)

-Chris

Here in SW Florida, we had 2 weeks of rain every day. Finally, had some nice weather. We just moved down here in Jan 2018. I here from my neighbors "This is unusual for this time of the year". That doesn't make me feel any better! I know the HOT HOT weather is on the way. So hot, it effects boating. Storms and HEAT and humidity are the deciding factors in July thru Sept. The exact opposite of New York!
Now is the time to get in those final weekends in before you haul your boat for a bottom job.
Enjoy every day that you can! That's my words of wisdom for today. I have plenty of words of wisdom. My wife tells me I'm opinionated! I'm just very intelligent!

My wife and I just returned from a trip to the islands off of La Paz, MX. We had several travel days that were like glass. You could see whales and rays and turtles from over a mile away from the flybridge. Those days make up for the ones that pound you or leave you in the anchorage.

Cheers, Bill

I hope weather is nice down there next week, as I, my girl and the boat should be there then.

I usually go south in the winter and get beat the heck up. Changing things up this year!!

Didn't happen Wifey B. No pictures......nope didn't happen...

Didn't happen Wifey B. No pictures......nope didn't happen...

Wifey B: Well, it didn't happen again today as we traveled at 35 knots to Bimini in less than 1' seas. 1 hr 45 min from home to Bimini. :D Oh, but no pics so didn't happen. We enjoyed just the same. ;)

I hope weather is nice down there next week, as I, my girl and the boat should be there then.

I usually go south in the winter and get beat the heck up. Changing things up this year!!

I have a decidedly minority opinion, but memorial day to labor day is the "correct" boating season in FL and the Bahamas. Very reliable, light winds, warm water, open lobster opening season, and low crowds.

Now, if I wanted wahoo, sailfish, tiger shark petting, and marina delays, I would have to change my mind. :)

Wifey B: Windy shows beautiful for the next 10 days :)

I don’t understand what causes the ocean to be like a calm lake or like the bearing sea on Deadliest Catch. I’ve never been on the ocean, but we’re about to be if we end up buying this boat in Kary Largo. Pretty cool to hear that it can be really calm!

Weather and water starting a gradual warm up in SoCal the past week. Ready.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom