Spitfire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
IMG_0495.JPG

What year is that . I had a 66 . I love the way the front cap tilted up . You could get to everything on engine , much easier than mg midget.

I have an MGB built in '96 but registered as a '67. 215 CI/3.5 Liters. Can I play? If not, I have a stock '73 MGB. Fellow Brit car masochist?

I have loved that car (Spitfire) since I was a kid. Classic.

I had a red 1974. Fun car but a little small for me. I'm 6'3 and my friend is the same size. We looked like a couple of gorillas when we drove around together.

This is one I saw at Stowe...

Attachments

• B0B13FCB-DA30-4F8F-A91E-8329DF02BC6D.jpg
    B0B13FCB-DA30-4F8F-A91E-8329DF02BC6D.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 58
I’ve always thought the Spitfire was very pretty. I had a 68 MGB that I loved.
Do you have a can of Lucas replacement wire smoke?

I bought mine new in 1967 when I got out of the service. I saw a restored one awhile back but I don’t think I could get in our out if I had to.

I've had a number of Brit cars, MG, AH, Morris, Hillman Husky..... My dad had a MGTD I learned to drive on.

Never had a Triumph Spitfire, so when I saw this I had to have it. It's fairly well sorted. Another summer toy.

Lucas - The Prince of darkness.

I have an old Triumph, 1954 TR-2, SN TS396 L1, that I bought in college in '62 in Seattle. I raced it for the last 2 years of my totally- broke collegiate life and I'm on my third restoration now so my son can inherit it in the not too distant future. This time I,m replacing ALL the wiring. Ben

Lucas - The Prince of darkness.

Lucas did not invent darkness but he DID perfect it.:D

I like the spitfire but would love to have a TR6. I remember in the early 70's an add that had a spitfire (car) parked next to a real spitfire (fighter), awesome.

Marty...........................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom