Old 05-31-2018, 01:54 PM   #18
wkearney99
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
We have two SS hooks mounted on the underside of the hatch near the top when it is open. Half way down are very small SS eyes which very small bungees hook into. The lines are hung on the hooks and the bungee is drawn across the coil, holding the lines in place when the hatch is closed. Works really well and is easy.
On my Eastbay there's a curved stairway coming down the flybridge. I've used that several times now to store lines. A gasket coil and then the running end tied off to a rail. Works well for drying wet lines but not how I'd like to store them longer-term.

Sugatsune also makes one with an additional inward curve to the hook. But it's triple the price!

https://www.thehardwarehut.com/catal...php?p_ref=9717

My interest is in having the lines staying on the hook through bumpy conditions. No sense arranging to put the lines on hooks only to have them fall off and then have to climb down to retrieve them. That and my forward bow lockers don't really have enough length to accommodate the lines laying fully against them when open. That inward hook part better allow for dropping the lines over it and not having to use bungies at all.