Prairie 29 Hard top? 3 or 4 bow bimini?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappy208

Guru
Vessel Name
Slip Aweigh
Vessel Make
Prairie 29
Wondering if any of you have a visual preference for the bimini size on a Prairie 29.

I have to replace mine, and the 72" X 95" is pretty short for the back seats. I've even gotten 'red neck' from the setting sun.

Debating if a 4 bow would be visually acceptable. I've never seen a 29 with such a long bimini. Or with a hard top (excepting 'SeaDog' which is a 36.)

Any thoughts on bimini size on a Prairie?

Check out Hardtotop.com. No affiliation just a happy customer.

IMG_4639.jpgMy 29 has a full bimini top. It covers the entire upper station.

View attachment 76715My 29 has a full bimini top. It covers the entire upper station.

Ooohhhh. Nice pic. Haven’t seen a 29 with a Bimini that long. Regarding the aft cockpit Bimini. Do you have any pics of it from above and from below. I have to remove my hard top this summer. I was contemplating making a one off mold and laying up a fiberglass roof, to make the ladder area hatch water resistant. How did you accomplish this with a canvas top?

I just bought a bimini to cover my entire flybridge. The frame it replaced was much stronger out of stainless steel but aging with a trashed top.

I bought this one for $240 on amazon and time will tell if it holds up. The aluminum isn't nearly as strong but it's lightweight and easy to fold away.. Also cheap!

Not ready to recommend it until it holds up for awhile but initially impressed.

CtIfaZ6m.jpg

sTDzEY9m.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISD2ENC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought a bimini to cover my entire flybridge. The frame it replaced was much stronger out of stainless steel but aging with a trashed top.

I bought this one for $240 on amazon and time will tell if it holds up. The aluminum isn't nearly as strong but it's lightweight and easy to fold away.. Also cheap!

Not ready to recommend it until it holds up for awhile but initially impressed.

CtIfaZ6m.jpg

sTDzEY9m.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISD2ENC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@Mr Smith and Wesson. [emoji41]. From what I can see you split the frames to a high mount and a low mount. Do they nest on top of one another when you fold them up? I didn’t think this was possible.

@Mr Smith and Wesson. [emoji41]. From what I can see you split the frames to a high mount and a low mount. Do they nest on top of one another when you fold them up? I didn’t think this was possible.

I live in FL and have never once taken mine down lol.

If I could afford a hardtop i'd never look back.

Back
Top Bottom