Sliding door wheels. 2003 34. MK III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lecomte38

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Leap of Faith
Vessel Make
Mainship 34. Mk III
The main door rollers are marginally there. There is no access to them without removing the door. How do you get this slider out?? Sugestions and alternatives ??

Can you lift the sliding door until the bottom clears the lower track, then pull the bottom out? If so, then the top of the sliding door should drop from the top track.

No, I tried that. There is a 1/4 " thick black plastic strip in the top rail that might give me the clearance if removed.

often there are adjustment screws on the ends of the door. Back off on those and the wheels will retract.

I found exact replacements at Ace Hardware, and as bayview said, the adjustment screw in the end should allow you to slip it out

:socool:

The answer was remove the top plastic strip. Door then lifted right out. 1 roller severely corroded in and would have to replace whole bottom rail of door to fix properly. Grease as needed and fixed clearances. Slide not roll [emoji23]. Door will outlast me and the engine

Maybe I can try retracting the rollers as suggested... these are the screws in the sides if the door at the too and bottom ... correct? I have removed both the bottom and top trim plates, with a considerable amount of difficulty and time since the SS screws were corroded cold welding them to the aluminum frame... it took a lot of PB and an impact driver and one had to be drilled... now after all that it would be nice to get the door out for roller r/r... hopefully the adjustment screws are not siezed...

Try looking through the TF archives, this subject has been covered a few times. There is some good advice there.

2 greatest days of my Mk1 owernship was seeing the sliding door in the dumpster and the Notcold refer another day in the dumpster.

I gave up on rollers for all the doors on our 430. I made tracks and slides out of Starboard. Now an occasional spray of silicone and they move easily.

2 greatest days of my Mk1 owernship was seeing the sliding door in the dumpster and the Notcold refer another day in the dumpster.

A happy day for me would also be replacing the sliding door. How did you accomplish the replacement? Any photos?

Back
Top Bottom