View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
Fighterpilot

Holding tank and water tank=which side for pump out and fill???

And the answer is--I'm not sure but I do know I am getting back flow into the holding tank from sea water. When I pulled the hose off the vent line water water flowed until I shult off the the thru hull valve below the water line--It is the discharge valve so have a problem there. Knew the macerator didn't work, but must be it is permitting a backflow thru it. Is that possible? or even likely given it is in bad shape. The manual pump goes around it. Could water be flowing thru that? I'll post some pictures.

Vent line was plugged up at the thru hull vent. It looked like the previous owner had plugged it up with foil or some such material. Note the picture of the vent line tank fitting. Where the tip of the screw driver is,*it now weeps. Probably from my effort to get the line off. Could try 5200 but my inclination is to drill out the screws and replace the whole unit. Don't want to make a bigger problem however by messing up the tank structure. Your thoughts. Pictures to follow, I don't see that I can attach with quick reply. Thanks for your help.

-- Edited by Fighterpilot on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 10:50:36 AM
Fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote