View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
chc

City: PA
Vessel Name: Scooter
Vessel Model: 1984 Californian 34 LRC
RE: Holding tank and water tank=which side for pump out and fill???

My tanks are also on the centerline in the ER; Forward tank is the 30 gal holding tank, aft tank is the 70 gal water tank. Water tank fill is located at the aft end of the cockpit. Fill is labelled water. Only concern there is that it is close to the port fuel fill cap. Holding tank pumpout is located on the port side by the steps to the foredeck. I have a 1"(approx) line running from the head discharge to the front side of the waste tank. That line comes from the head under the head cabinetry, under the bulkhead, & into the tank. The pumpout line is 11/4, or so, leads from the bottom of the waste tank up the back side of the bulkhead to the pumpout fitting on the port deck. Ther vent line runs from the top of the tank to a vent fitting on the port side of the hull; about 'midship. The incoming water line (1.25) comes into the tank on top; aft. The vent line exits the top of the tank to the transom, just above the swim platform. Line exiting the tank to the water pump also exits the top of the tank at the fwd part of the tank. I have had similar problems with overflow, etc. Turned out to be a plugged vent fitting/line; to include the vent hole in the waste tank itself. that could make pump out tough as well. I'd pick one fitting and follow it to a tank; water should go in & out at the top; "stuff" should go in near the top, out at the bottom. Sort of sounds like your fittings may be wrongly labelled. Good luck
chc is offline   Reply With Quote