Reverse Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAlyssa

Vessel Name
Heather Alyssa
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
I posted this on the Trawler Living and Cruising FB page, but I wanted to share it on here for people who don’t use FB.

I rigged up a reverse camera (Intended for a car) on the boat. A little splicing here, some shrink tubing there and bam, done.

I know this type of thing isn’t advisable since it isn’t “Marine Grade” but I did use tinned wire, waterproof butt connectors, shrink tubing and incorporated a fuse.

For $40, I won’t be heartbroken if it stops working one day

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 111
Great way to do it on the cheap!!!

Great idea. I saw something similar recently at a rendezvous and want to copy it. We have a very narrow fairway at our marina so seeing what's behind me when backing out would be terrific.

Nice!

I bought a set (backup cam and monitor) on line, but it's one of those which has parking "lines" electronically overlaid on the screen. Totally useless for the boat. Don't want to make that mistake again, so I've been reluctant to buy another.

I have an eBay set with parking lines.
Simply ignore the parking lines.
Works a treat in the er with infra red lights.
On passage now, 4:30am, can see clear as day down there.

I wanted to use mine to see far behind me. It wasn’t that effective.

I wanted to use mine to see far behind me. It wasn’t that effective.

You only need to see what's back there, not read rego numbers.
Mine I can angle the camera and see back to the horizon.

I had no visibility to aft with the dinghy on board. I put on an Iris camera which split screens on my Garmin. I can now dock stern in without any assistance except for dock lines. It also lets me see the exhaust when underway. It has night vision and reverse image. Next I want one in the engine room.

An Engine Room Cam I do have. It’s not Flir (I wish) but it does have night vision.

IMG_3660.jpgIMG_3661.jpgIMG_3663.jpg

Back
Top Bottom