Greetings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deviazione

Vessel Name
Invictus
Vessel Make
2002 Mainship 390
We sold our Catalina 30 sailboat and made the jump to a Mainship 390. Got to get it from Lake Michigan to the Chesapeake to begin some minor upgrades and fine tuning then we're OFF! Erie Canal is open and we're ready to roll. Looks like a LOT of great info on this forum. Got a lot to learn making the transition from sail to trawler.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Not much to learn other than being inside with a fresh coffee and comfortable in a cold driving rain....

200w.gif

Stan
Welcome aboard TF and congrats on the Mainship
Are you transiting via the Trent- Severn canal?
Its a great trip. We are planning a summer cruise up that way next season from NY Finger Lakes

Good question - fly bridge appears to be about a foot to tall for a couple of bridges for a straight shot. I'm not convinced that's accurate so we're investigating all options right now. Can't move it for about 3 weeks so in the planning stages now. Unfortunately will have to be moving whenever possible and can't really enjoy the trip as much as we'd like to. Hope to go back through the other way tho next spring or fall for a month to 6 weeks and then back down to the Chesapeake.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Not much to learn other than being inside with a fresh coffee and comfortable in a cold driving rain....

200w.gif
and wine and cheese on upper deck during those sunny days!

Wifey B: Right now not much sun in the NE. We're in Newport and have a captain friend headed to Chicago and just leaving NYC headed up the Hudson to Erie. Highs in 60's and raining and then tomorrow and Saturday colder. :mad:

Actually rains seem to have let up in Newport and in NY and not now supposed to be as cold as forecast earlier the next two days so some better. Still not very good bikini weather. Saturday, we'll just say ..... it and make our way to Nantucket. :rofl:

Or as I call it Limerick island. :D

Welcome to the forum. We also have a 390 and spend a lot of time in the Chesapeake and Delaware bays.
John

Welcome aboard. I would recommend the TSW as a don’t miss. It is a really great experience.

Welcome

Back
Top Bottom