Tank minders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OldDan1943

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinja
Vessel Make
American Tug 34 #116 2008
I had installed what was supposed to be a super duper tank minding system, a Maretton DSM150. On a good day, it is a mere suggestion.

Anyone have a good experience with their tank minder system?

I had installed what was supposed to be a super duper tank minding system, a Maretton DSM150. On a good day, it is a mere suggestion.

Anyone have a good experience with their tank minder system?

Never mind. I have a Tank Tender by Hart Systems not Maretron.

Last edited:
I have SCAD technologies Profile System on my holding tank it works well, and relatively easy to install. On my previous boat I had their predecessors Snake River system very similar it also worked fine.
Steve W.

Our holding and freshwater tank monitor systems are WEMA, both sensors and analog gauges.

The fuel tank monitors are (now) WEMA senders and CruzPro digital gauges.

The CruzPro digital gauges will work with most senders... but I saw no need to replace the WEMA displays...

All use in-tank probes with a float that changes resistance at various levels. Fuel and freshwater systems use a float collar around the stainless probe. The holding tank sender is a perforated tube with internal float. The holding tank sensor needs cleaning from time to time.

Not a recommendation, just an observation. All that has worked OK for us... until the holding tank sensor needs cleaning. :) It's not too onerous, though, with some planning (prior pump-out, rinse, repeat a couple times first...)

-Chris

Last edited:
I had installed what was supposed to be a super duper tank minding system, a Maretton DSM150.
I also have a DSM150 which reads Maretron's FFM100 Fuel Management System & it works great! My holding tank is monitored by a Scad-Solo which is bullet proof. Water tanks? I have the Tank Tender which also gives me a backup on fuel use. What's the absolute fail proof fuel monitor? Sight tubes on the fuel tanks!

The electronic tech had trouble with the installation of the FFM100 as it was his first effort. After several tries he finally got it right! :facepalm:

Yes, I'm absolutely "obsessed" with knowing how much fuel I have, what my burn rate is & how long till empty. (Not to mention how many miles I can go at the present throttle setting.) All those questions are known at a "glance" with the Maretron Fuel Management System.

Attachments

• Fuel Screen.jpg
    Fuel Screen.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 85
Ferriello Sales Profile Tank Monitors is the mfr for the SCAD gauges...and sells direct for a lower price. Dennis Ferriello also provides the best customer service/tech support anyone could ask for...in fact, he provides it for SCAD.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Blue Sky came with a Tank Watch 4 system for monitoring the holding tanks levels. In the five years that we have had the boat, the system has worked flawlessly as long as I routinely (2Xyear) flush a cleaner into the tank. (Not on Blue Sky so don't recall the name).
Very happy with the system.

I have the Tank Tender system on my boat for 2 fuel and 5 water tanks. The waste tank is 80 gallons and rarely needs checking. A flashlight through the side of the tank works fine for that one.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom