Lake Washington Anchorages??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterford

Vessel Name
Waterford
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
I want to visit friends in Kirkland (WA) over the holiday weekend and I doubt that I will get a slip in the downtown public marina. I believe it is illegal to anchor in front of their house on Lake Washington and their small dock is too shallow. Is my best (only?) option to anchor in Juanita Bay? Is it fairly secure to leave the boat unattended during daylight hours? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

-Doug

doug I think Juanita bay is about it for the north end of the lake. Unless you happen to be a yacht club member and can hook up some reciprocal. Cant speak for Juanita bay, but I've left my anchored boat for a day several times with no issues. Not the first choice, but I've not had a problem.

good luck

toni

I want to visit friends in Kirkland (WA) over the holiday weekend and I doubt that I will get a slip in the downtown public marina. I believe it is illegal to anchor in front of their house on Lake Washington and their small dock is too shallow. Is my best (only?) option to anchor in Juanita Bay? Is it fairly secure to leave the boat unattended during daylight hours? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

-Doug
We've anchored off Seward Park, along with a lot of other boats. Not real close to Kirkland, but a great spot.

I stayed in Juanita about 5 nights last summer. It always seemed safe. I left my dinghy on the beach with no problems.

There are some good restaurants nearby which is nice. The only issue I had is apparently there are wake boarders who like to get up early.

I stayed in Juanita about 5 nights last summer. It always seemed safe. I left my dinghy on the beach with no problems.

There are some good restaurants nearby which is nice. The only issue I had is apparently there are wake boarders who like to get up early.

What are wake boarders??

They're big inboard powered ski boats with floodable bilge. They roll big wakes for wake board riders on a tow rope.

I prefer to go about quietly, except for the occasional horn toot as required and the rare cannon salute.

Attachments

• leaving marina.jpg
    leaving marina.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Thanks for all the good feedback. I'll try it out AND take earplugs.

-Doug

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom