Track mount Dinghy chocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi,
I’m in the process of redoing my Dinghy lift system and one problem is that the current chocks (weaver) are too close to the pilothouse to fit a larger tender. I’d like to upgrade from the Bullfrog 11.5 to the Bullfrog 13 in the future.
Rather than move the weaver ones has anyone used/seen a track mount chock system that can be adjusted based on the tender? The Bullfrog 13 has a deeper V so I think adjustable chocks would be preferable.

Thanks!

Well I can’t seem to find a good solution after much internet searching so plan on welding my stainless weaver chocks to pin stop cars and mount T track to the deck. Should work well and makes the Weavers easily removable.

What about an extra set of mounts, and you could move one chock?

I know the chocks on my upcoming boat are pretty easily removable, but I don't know the details. Could find out if you need.

One side of my weavers is removeable but it would mean putting several sets of mounting plates on the deck and lots of holes. The track would allow me to easily customize for the 3 tenders (Minto, 11.5 Bullfrog and 12” RIB, each need a slightly different spacing.

I have a 30 hp rib that required a tricky rolling chock to allow room for my Davit to operate on the swim platform. UMT marine did a perfect job in co-engineering and fabricating an elegant solution. A bit expensive but you will get the correct custom solution

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom