What kind of boat is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Have always cast a favourable eye towards this boat. Anybody know the make?

Attachments

• What Kind of boat? #1.jpg
    What Kind of boat? #1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 139
  • What kind of boat #2.jpg
    What kind of boat #2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 136
Think they call that the "Europa" don't they? Grand Banks, DeFever, I think I've even seen a Marine Trader like that. Around a 46'?? Nice trawler, I want one.

It's a Gulf Commander. Built here. Many used as commercial fishing boats and many built as semi custom pleasure with a wide variety of engines and add ons.
Built from about 45 ft to 60 ft.

I have known a couple people with them and they were , I'm told , a good seaboat. I think partly because the cabins were built down into the hull. None of them to my knowledge were built up the way so many boats are today.

There is a mid 50ft one of these in my harbour now that is a fishing boat. Seen it around for years and it still looks good although it has worked.

Last edited:
It's a Gulf Commander. Built here. Many used as commercial fishing boats and many built as semi custom pleasure with a wide variety of engines and add ons.
Built from about 45 ft to 60 ft.

I have known a couple people with them and they were , I'm told , a good seaboat. I think partly because the cabins were built down into the hull. None of them to my knowledge were built up the way so many boats are today.

There is a mid 50ft one of these in my harbour now that is a fishing boat. Seen it around for years and it still looks good although it has worked.

Checked images on Google and you are correct sir :thumb:

Having the cabin built low into the hull is something which appealed to my eye...hinting at its sea keeping ability without so much weight up high. Also liked that there are pilothouse doors, unlike Camano’s which are also built low but lack PH doors.

Thanks for the information!

I like the lines of that one.

Another nice thing about that particular boat is there does not appear to be multiple layers of equipment aboard (e.g. electronics, canvas, accessories). She looks pretty clean in that regard.

Thanks for sharing.

Checked images on Google and you are correct sir :thumb:

Having the cabin built low into the hull is something which appealed to my eye...hinting at its sea keeping ability without so much weight up high. Also liked that there are pilothouse doors, unlike Camano’s which are also built low but lack PH doors.

Thanks for the information!

All my berths are close to the waterline. Except for the pilothouse (deck level), floors are lower than water level. And all doors are strong and dogable! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom