View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
CEC

City: SF
Still fighting this one. Currently I have installed the new dual sender and have one of the new gauges. Mechanical gauge reads 43psi cold. I ran the new gauge to the batter and jumper sending wire and it reads 41 psi.

I believe I nailed it down to the original wire harness sender connections. They are no good and the oil gauge on fb is dead causing additional issues. Running new sender wires and adding corosponding new senders and gauges for oil and temp on both my Lehman 80’s.

This is the first boat Iv had with dual gauges. I’m new to working on this setup excuse my ignorance, but I can’t search up this info for some reason: I’m wondering if someone knows why does the oil gauge read correctly when I have only the one oil pressure gauge connected to the dual sender? I was expecting it to be double the correct psi with only one gauge connected. Is that not the typicaly case? Isnt the dual sender sending out double the resistance to make up for connecting two gauges? I currently have Faria dual 80 psi sender with one Faria 80psi gauge connected. I was told the gauges are not spicific to single or dual setups. If that’s incorrect, and I need special dual gages I’m going to need to return some stuff!

Thanks
CEC
CEC is offline   Reply With Quote