Newburyport 37

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JYoung

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
LEGEND
Vessel Make
GB 36C
Anyone know the good, bad, and ugly of these boats? Same hull as albin 36 and monk 36 I know and built in the same yard by same designer.

Anyone know the good, bad, and ugly of these boats? Same hull as albin 36 and monk 36 I know and built in the same yard by same designer.

What do you want to know? I’m enjoying mine.

Oh, and welcome aboard the Forum

How long have you had her? Year? Cruising record? Is she structurally sound? Window leakage issues? Any replacements you have made? General info about why you like her and anything you don’t like about her?

I’ve owned mine 4+ years, cruised Tampa, the Keys to Boston. She is a 1987 at her age maintenance is more important than brand name. Maybe differences from other taiwanese trawlers... I like the wide flare at bow, walk around decks, queen size bed with night stands on both side of bed, walk-in shower. The window have been well taken of no issues (other than single pane glass, cold up north Hot in Florida sun) teak decks wearing out, leaked over one fuel tank needed replacement.......

Maintenance and replacement is ongoing on a any vessel, TVs electronics, microwave, pumps. Hoses.... normal wear and tear. Nothing has changed, I’d like bigger salon, reclining chair, etc, but I love the walk around decks.

Another well documented Newburyport owner repairs, Saving Tortuga

Last edited:
They all leak wherever a hole has been cut or drilled into a solid surface (windows, doors, hatches, rail stanchions, cleats, screwed teak decks, hardware mounts). Maybe not at the same time, but eventually.

They are all in a constant state of needing something repaired or replaced somewhere.

There are only three states to any item on a boat:

1) Something that WILL need to be replaced/repaired (Future)
2) Something that NEEDS to be replaced/repaired (Present)
3) Something that was just replaced/repaired (Past)

Also note, there is a short grace period before #3 gets moved back to the #1 category again.

Not a Monk hull and the interior carpentry not work of same yards.
Albin or CHB maybe.

Ur right, note the spray deflection molded into the bow lots higher on Irish Lady (Monk) as well as clipperish curve in last foot or two of stem on Newburyport 37. Also after “boat deck” on Newburyport is very short, very little room for “boat”!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom