34 Pilot 2 sedan Berth??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beekeepergreg

Vessel Name
Mayrose
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 pilot
Hi,
I am looking at a 34 Pilot 2 with a queen size berth that is open to the galley.
Is this common?
Every pilot online has the V-Berth that is seperate from the galley.
I can't find a layout plan online.
Does this boat like running at slow with 4 cylinder Yanmar?

Thanks
Greg

Attachments

• Mainship 34 sedan pilot 2.berth.jpg
    Mainship 34 sedan pilot 2.berth.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 55
Those pictures look like a Pilot 30.

David

David,
Right you are.
When looking at the Pilots--should i be aware of anything?
Thanks
Greg

Assuming we are talking about he Pilot 34:

I have owned one for the last five years. It has been a good, solid boat.

I won't belabor the obvious- the layout. Some like the lack of a flybridge, some don't.

Mine is a single and unless you have a small monkey type frame or pay the yard to do all of the work, I would stay away from the twin. The single provides plenty of performance- 15 kts at a comfortable fast 2,800 cruise. But it is noisy at that speed, but so is the twin.

The Rumrunner package has a lot of good stuff: A/C and NextGen generator principally. Worth the extra bucks IMO.

The hardtop is also more expensive than the soft version and I like the security and ability to mount stuff on top of the hardtop.

Storage and fridge space is limited, but we get by for a week at a time. I wouldn't consider this boat for a long term GL type cruise.

You don't see many with this added feature, but the bimini over the aft cockpit is a great addition. Gives you a nice place to hang out in the shade at anchor. The Weaver davits also work well to store the dinghy flipped up against the transom. Check out my avatar at the left.

So in summary: no real vices; the single Yanmar is a solid engine; performance is good but noisy.

David

David,
Thanks again, you basically confirmed my thoughts.
Was in your backyard yesterday, Wickford ---love the New England coast.
My childhood boating was New England, maybe retire up there.
Greg

Have had a 34 hardtop for just over a year and would agree w David. It is simpale to operate and the single engine is easy to maintain. The only downside with the hardtop is that there is no cross ventilation so it can get warm. We did install fans in the cockpit which helped. For the price you get a good solid boat.

Have a 07 Pilot Sedan 34 and the later models, I think starting in 06 had large sliding side window to provide excellent cross ventilation, even in Florida summers. I have the twins, and maintenance is not that bad, but you do have to double up on everything. We cruise at 15-17 knots at about 1.6 nmpg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom