12v fresh water system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodestination

Vessel Name
No Destination
Vessel Make
1972 GulfStar Trawler 36
I have a small problem with my pump - it will not stop. I check for a leaks - none. Accumulator have 20 lbs. I have to use breaker to stop the pump. The moment I stop the pump and open faucet there is no water like leak from the system. Where the water could go and what can be wrong?. Thanks. The pump is Par-Maxplus 6g.

Is there a shutoff valve between the tank and the pump? Or a blockage before the pump. Do you know the pump is actually pumping or just running? You might try pumping water from a temporary supply to verify the pump is working and that will come up to pressure and shutoff on its own. Maybe a 5 gallon bucket and a hose to the pump. The pump may need rebuilding if it does not actually pump.

The pump is working - great pressure. It was working fine until I did laundry - washer/dryer combo. I have vale to shut the water to the w/d, but that did not help. New hose from tank to pump. Strainer clean. Could be the water pump letting the pressure out back to tank?.

There are usually check valves to hold the water pressure. Maybe you have something lodged in the valve so it doesn’t build up pressure. Not sure about your pump, might check documentation and see what exactly your pump has.

"Could be the water pump letting the pressure out back to tank?."

Perhaps , the newer accumulator less systems use a setup that allows the water to be bled back from the pressure side to the suction side .

Possibly the bypass pressure sensor is stuck?

Back
Top Bottom