Short Video Tour of Your Boat Underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We made this little video about nine months after we moved aboard. Our daughter Arriana was not yet three years old in this. Next month she turns eight!

https://youtu.be/EXcwqLyzYsk

Such a fun thread. Had a blast watching everyone's videos.

I only have one of our new-to-us 4788, that I cut together from clips taken on our New Years cruise this year. Only exterior shots.

We finally tore ourselves away from Key West and stopped over in Marathon as we begin to make our way to mainland Florida...

We finally tore ourselves away from Key West and stopped over in Marathon as we begin to make our way to mainland Florida...

Now that was a fast trip

Took a fuel run trip to Kingston ($0.50 a gallon cheaper) needed 800 gallons. Here is a quick walkthrough, messy boat as I’m getting ready for Alaska trip.

https://youtu.be/PKhgTIHZtGg

The Nautibeaver is a really nice boat!

Here is a video I made of our 4788 Bayliners interior several years ago

Of course a lot has changed on the boat snce then, but it gives a good look at the interior.

I actually didn’t have that much confidence— that’s why I ran in the PH at the last second. [emoji30]

The scary thing is (and I didn’t realize this until later) is that Larry doesn’t have an autopilot.

I actually didn’t have that much confidence— that’s why I ran in the PH at the last second. [emoji30]

The scary thing is (and I didn’t realize this until later) is that Larry doesn’t have an autopilot.

Hehe, I thought you were moving a bit quickly back into the PH. :whistling:

Hehe, I thought you were moving a bit quickly back into the PH. :whistling:

Yeah, and I was just about to run into my own helm until I saw him do it first. It actually looks a lot closer on camera. Otherwise you would have seen my Admiral screaming and running for cover! I was doing my best to wake him, but those Manatees just can’t make much of a wave.

Here’s a walk through I took for my parents after we first bought the boat. Gives you an idea of the inside of a 31’ Mainship. It’s surprising how much interior space it has for being just a 31’

https://youtu.be/DtdW2Rae9pg

What's your cruising speed, Larry?

Previous owner left a sticker below the tach that said “Best cruise 2600” which is 7.5 kn on this boat, but I prefer 2100 (7 kn.) because there is virtually no vibes. She starts to squat at about 8 kn, and at 8.5, the swim platform is awash, acting as a huge trim tab. Top is 8.8 at 3500. I know it’s under-propped with the original 22 x 13 LH prop, but there’s no soot on the transom and economy is nearly identical to the old 100 Volvo so what the heck.

looks like a fun time!!!

What is your draft?

Says 2’ 10”. I’ve seen less than 3’ a couple of times. I’m getting nervous less than 5’ because there’s nothing protecting the props.

Says 2’ 10”. I’ve seen less than 3’ a couple of times. I’m getting nervous less than 5’ because there’s nothing protecting the props.

Nice it looked like you were in some places I wish I could go

This is the tightest I’ve ever gone into. It’s like a secret entrance to a lagoon with a prehistoric sand dune. It’s just north of Georgetown, SC. We anchored off the dune on the river side and dinked to the dune. While there others told us how to get to the other side. Wish we didn’t have to leave because it was so cool back there. We tried beaching the boat just to try it.

https://youtu.be/4cNYXRQwRZw

Attachments

• FB234733-96FC-4CDD-ACB2-E7F1414A05A4.jpg
    FB234733-96FC-4CDD-ACB2-E7F1414A05A4.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 115
Nice it looked like you were in some places I wish I could go

Alan: It gets pretty tight going back the canal next to Longboat Moorings as seen here in this photo from before I did the helm. Besides us, we never see anything but the occasional kayak, pontoon or runabout back here. Depth usually reads 1-2 ft. under keel at mid tide. We draw 3’2”.

Attachments

• 0FAB0CB8-EC36-4312-919F-68A80D4116C1.jpg
    0FAB0CB8-EC36-4312-919F-68A80D4116C1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 131
Alan: It gets pretty tight going back the canal next to Longboat Moorings as seen here in this photo from before I did the helm. Besides us, we never see anything but the occasional kayak, pontoon or runabout back here. Depth usually reads 1-2 ft. under keel at mid tide. We draw 3’2”.

That’s so awesome. I’d love to see the look on the kayakers face when they see you come around the corner.

Dolphin show, Marco Island, yesterday.
Enjoy the interaction!

Loved the video, I had a 1998 MT DC also, to do the loop and Bahamas 2015/2016. 1998 Model, 210 BTA, supposedly the last one imported into the States. Did 6000 nm trouble free , apart from some minor hiccups. Bought back some great memories.

OK, not underway (yet). I am still a drone-newbie, so I have only launched from a dock a few weeks ago and now gotten up enough nerve to go from the bow deck while at anchor this past weekend. I'll get there.....

Attachments

• ScoutAnchored3 (Large).jpg
    ScoutAnchored3 (Large).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 83
  • ScoutTangledAgainSouthRiver (Large).jpg
    ScoutTangledAgainSouthRiver (Large).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom