Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you going to use heat shrink labels or tab labels on the wire? Looking great

I am going to just put clear heat shrink over my writing so the pen ink doesn’t wipe off. You think that will be ok mate or should I do something else?

I am going to just put clear heat shrink over my writing so the pen ink doesn’t wipe off. You think that will be ok mate or should I do something else?

Yes I think it will be ok. my writting is so bad and even worse in conditions like that I use a label maker

I use a Panduit label maker they work well for me

I think if i had better penmanship I would consider your method

Yes I think it will be ok. my writting is so bad and even worse in conditions like that I use a label maker

I use a Panduit label maker they work well for me

I think if i had better penmanship I would consider your method

Ah ok cool. Will give my idea a go and if that fails I’ll hunt down a label maker. Sure would look neater doing it your way tho.

Made the dual width helm seat then started to work on the stereo install this afternoon. The stereo should crank - 4 @ 400w 6x9 Pioneer speakers (two in the main cockpit and 2 in the aft deck) powered by a Pioneer 4 Chanel amp, 1 @ 12inch Subwoofer powered by a Pioneer Monoblock amp and a Bluetooth Pioneer Headunit.

IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0779.jpg
IMG_0778.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

Man I love the use of space, one suggestion if you don't mind, I would make the seat back so it folds forward, counter space is at a premium offshore. I have a huge galley and I run out of space before I even start cooking.

Just feel I should mention... you look like big guy in photos... enough [comfort-butt] room on seat? Stereo should crank ample power to fill the harbor! You're getting ever so closer and closer to SPLASH!!! :thumb: :D

Man I love the use of space, one suggestion if you don't mind, I would make the seat back so it folds forward, counter space is at a premium offshore. I have a huge galley and I run out of space before I even start cooking.

That’s is the best idea I have heard in a while bro. I will definitely do that, Thanks :-D

Something like this

Attachments

• 1921E363-6D5B-4188-9888-436CE50FD549.jpg
    1921E363-6D5B-4188-9888-436CE50FD549.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Oh hell, you are going to inflict your music on other boaters even if they dont want to hear it.

Just feel I should mention... you look like big guy in photos... enough [comfort-butt] room on seat? Stereo should crank ample power to fill the harbor! You're getting ever so closer and closer to SPLASH!!! :thumb: :D

Haha bloody hell thats a back handed compliment brother hahahahaha. Yeah enough room mate lol

You might consider sound deadening material on the over head of the engine room too.

The whole boat floor, walls and ceilings are insulated with acoustic grade insulation mate.

Show me where the wires to aft speakers are located so I can cut and remove 10 feet of wire. Or put a lockable on/off switch and volume control for the rear speakers.

Haha bloody hell thats a back handed compliment brother hahahahaha. Yeah enough room mate lol

I don't ever mean to be back handed - lol. I'm a right at cha type o' bloke! :dance:

Geez where did the afternoon go?!! Felt like I had only been working on the boat for half an hour before it was time to pack up. Time flys when you’re having fun eh.! This afternoon I cut the stereo headunit into the helm and fitted it off, made a little shroud mounting plate for it to match the rest of the dash and then spent the time running the speaker wires, RCA leads and the remote wire from the head unit in the Starboard side to inside the Port side dinette seat where the amps will be housed and also ran the 1kw thruhull transducer cable up to the back of the Lowrance HDS unit. Must have jumped in and out of the engine room 20 times lol. I’m knackered haha. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I’ll be able to hook the stereo up to the power and give it a little test
IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0787.jpg

I am amazed you have done all this and hold down a full time job!!!

Those pretty hand rails for many storms or too many beers!!?? LOL

Did you remember to mark the last remaining original rib, for historical (or hysterical) purposes ???

Also, sign your name in some hidden place. If nothing else, maybe 2 owners down the line will know who to blame for something that went wrong. LOL

Totally rebuilt by (insert name here) and the years it took you to rebuild it.

Think of the biblical parallel .... God took a rib from Adam and made Eve. You took a rib from (insert name here) and made (insert name here) Chuckle.

Right so I’ve just spent the last 3hrs trying to find the post i spoke about OD. It is post #1753 and it was made on 20/06/2015.

Back
Top Bottom