I'm excited for my new Chinese dinghy!! LOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
After going back and forth between what to buy (composite vs inflatable) I finally went the fully composite route....

It's a 7.5' long, polymer, 2 person rowing dinghy. The best part is that it's only 50 lbs and $700!

I wanted something small and something that was easily manageable while solo. This boat fits the bill. It's also perfect for my engine. I have a Torqueedo 1003 outboard.

Can't wait to mount the davits and try it next month! Anyone else have one of these or another boat from Direct Boats (obviously a bulk importer from overseas).

49lb PS7.5 Row Boat

1stdirect_2269_10980344.jpg

Last edited:
let us know how it goes

Looks good for your mission. Please post a review following some use. I bet it would be a hoot with a sailing kit.

Is that a tender or swim platform back up bath tub?

J/K.

Stability in a rough anchorage, three or more on board (or the dog) would be the questions for me.

But do let us know how it fits your needs.

Is that a tender or swim platform back up bath tub?

J/K.

Stability in a rough anchorage, three or more on board (or the dog) would be the questions for me.

But do let us know how it fits your needs.

Yes, it's a mini bath tub! Lol. 3 on board will never happen. It specifically says that it's only a 2 person dinghy.

But the size and weight is what I wanted! I have a small mothership and the only real spot to carry a tender is the swim platform. I didn't wanna clog up the swim platform with a big inflatable. I actually wanted to find a SMALLER boat than this one! This one is still 7'5". I would've liked to find a 6 footer but couldn't find any. My only option would have been to build my own (which was an actual possibility but time was not).

After going back and forth between what to buy (composite vs inflatable) I finally went the fully composite route....

It's a 7.5' long, polymer, 2 person rowing dinghy. The best part is that it's only 50 lbs and $700!

I wanted something small and something that was easily manageable while solo. This boat fits the bill. It's also perfect for my engine. I have a Torqueedo 1003 outboard.

Can't wait to mount the davits and try it next month! Anyone else have one of these or another boat from Direct Boats (obviously a bulk importer from overseas).

49lb PS7.5 Row Boat

View attachment 75247

Yes - I had one very similar in our homeport harbor or Northport LI a number of years back. I hope it works out well for you and your application as it did not for us - we sold in the first year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom