Camano hull 100% fiberglass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhance

Vessel Name
Audrey Grace
Vessel Make
2003 Camano 31
I am assuming the Camano hull is 100% fiberglass as I am looking to install an in-hull transducer. Has anyone installed one on this hull? Opinions on performance/placement?

I installed one in ours. When we visited the factory in 2005, I asked Brad Miller if it was possible and where to put it. He said they done some testing and suggested installing it in the right side of the lazerette under the exhaust hose. I used an Airmar unit that compensated for the hull angle (sorry, don't remember what the angle was). I epoxied the mount to the hull and then filled it with mineral oil. The signal went to a Raymarine module and then to the chartplotter. Never had a problem in the 9 years we had the boat.

I installed one in ours. When we visited the factory in 2005, I asked Brad Miller if it was possible and where to put it. He said they done some testing and suggested installing it in the right side of the lazerette under the exhaust hose. I used an Airmar unit that compensated for the hull angle (sorry, don't remember what the angle was). I epoxied the mount to the hull and then filled it with mineral oil. The signal went to a Raymarine module and then to the chartplotter. Never had a problem in the 9 years we had the boat.

Thanks for the info. The lazarette portion of the hull seems like a good fit. Glad to know it worked for you... I'll be doing the same.

Mine is also in the starboard rear lazarette and works fine though I have been tempted by clear-vue to change it up.

Back
Top Bottom