Old 04-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
menzies
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
Oh, and then there is NEXUS and Global Entry. I still can't figure out entirely how they relate.
When SVRS first came out the process was to go online and apply for an SVRS number. You were assigned a temporary number and scheduled an interview. This we did for both of us. However it stated that if you had Global Entry you did not need to go for an interview, that your temporary number would automatically be activated.
I had Global Entry so we scheduled my wife's "interview" and we went along. She sat in the waiting room, they came and took her letter, and returned with everything processed. We checked on line and her number changed to begin with an R - so all good.
We kept watching as our departure day came closer and my temporary number did not change. I called our local office and they had no clue. I went on line and found an email address. I sent along my details and a cut and paste of the section on the web site that said those with Global Entry did not have to interview etc.
I got prompt response saying that the Global Entry information was incorrect and they would fix that. Which of course left me high and dry regarding SVRS.
We left and on returning I called the SVRS number giving our float plan and my wife's number and explained why mine was still temporary. The officer sad that we were OK to proceed to home port, but that he would leave the float plan open with a note of the issue. I should call the local office as soon as I got home and have them fix my number and close out the float plan.
So one one hand we were happy we did not have to go and report at Fort Pierce, but I got the impression that he was just handing off the issue.
But surprise, surprise, a ten minute call after we got home and I had my number and the float plan was closed. AND on checking the SVRS web site there was no more mention of the Global Entry interview exemption!
Just part of being an early adopter I guess!
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote