Weather Cloths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pattyshades

Vessel Name
LADY MARILYN
Vessel Make
34 MAINSHIP
I own a 34 Main Ship Trawler. (Lady Marilyn). Any one know where I can purchase Weather Cloths for the Bridge. Or does any one have the exact measurements. Thank you, Captain Shades.

I suspect you will have to contact a local Sunbrella fabricator.
Ask around your marina and look at other boats for good quality workmanship of Sunbrella or ???.

And I also would say go the custom fab route

Can someone tell me what a “weather cloth” is?
It's a fabric panel that is fastened to the lifelines so that it blocks the wind and spray.

6591723_20180124104238589_1_XLARGE.jpg

Can someone tell me what a “weather cloth” is?

they are what help keep my Honda genset when on the bridge quieter... :)

maybe the Mainship guys can point you to a Mainship group that know of a canvas operation that already has the patterns....would be a big time/cost saver.

Thank you everyone for your help. Have a safe summer.

I doubt it would be any cheaper to find someone with patterns. They will still need to fabricate them for you. When it comes to canvas, 'custom' is not a scary or dirty word.

I own a 34 Main Ship Trawler. (Lady Marilyn). Any one know where I can purchase Weather Cloths for the Bridge. Or does any one have the exact measurements. Thank you, Captain Shades.

What area of NY are in I have a few canvas shop contacts in the area

once they have the pattern I would agree...

at the Marine Max dealership I worked for there was a huge difference using the local guy compared to factory, but only until he had his own pattern or an old setup to work from.

Also found it true with every boat that I have owned. The simple factory made generic bimini I just recently bought was 1/2 of what my canvas contact would charge even with professional discount.

Nothing lost if he can locate someone already with a pattern and get a quote.

Last edited:
once they have the pattern I would agree...

at the Marine Max dealership I worked for there was a huge difference using the local guy compared to factory, but only until he had his own pattern or an old setup to work from.

True if my wife's shop already had the pattern it would be a quick easy project. Most shops will not do them with measurements alone they want to pattern them with dura scrim, canvex, or tyvek

Back
Top Bottom