View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
CEC

City: SF
Sewer system diagram

I'm working on planning changes to my head plumbing in C&L 37' aft cabin Trawler and have some questions that I'm not finding in my searches. In a couple posts I have seen comments about "having no pump is best" referring to macerator type pumps and using the ocean to pull. I cant do that in most cases though hence never using for #2. I believe this is what's setup on my boat, but I'm thinking I need to add a pump so #2 is ok to the tank. The sewage holding tank is in the bow and its metal from what I can see. I have a Y currently not functional to the through hull out and that's also frozen in closed position (to be fixed at hull out). Its all pointed in the tank direction right now. My feeling is the tank is where I need everything to reliably end up.

No #2 on the boat in a long time - at least 5 years since before I owned it and don't plan on it until I get things sorted out. I don't know what would happen if the heads were used for #2, and I don't want to find out until I know where and how stuff will move. A test poo like substance I can test it with might be a first step? No smell what so ever but guessing there will be some when I open thing up .. Plumbing all looks solid no leaks and its run well. Both heads are new and are push/pull pump to flush work good for liquids right now.

I really don't know it the push pump on the heads is all that's needed as I've never tried. I'm looking for a two head diagram on how it should be setup with a macerator and without. Does anyone have something they can post or advise one where the pump should go, or advise if you think I should not need one and just let it fly.

Seems to be a good topic for my first thread

Thanks
CC
CEC is offline   Reply With Quote