No more angry pillow talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwestby

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nostra Casa
Vessel Make
C&L Puget Trawler 44
After so many years of cussing in the middle of the night after my pillow dropped to the deck floor again I finally solved the problem with a new headboard. It is also comfortable to sit in bed and read and watch TV finally. Made out of thick aluminum bent in shape of headboard then thick foam and covered in fake leather. If others with this TT bed design want the pattern and pictures of build let me know. IMG_0031.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1221.jpgIMG_1224.jpgIMG_1225.jpgIMG_1227.jpgIMG_1228.jpgIMG_0029.jpg

That is really slick we have thought long and hard how to mount a tv in our master not sure but this may work

Going to review when I get back to the boat in a few weeks

great looking work

Mounted the TV to the aft wall and receiver under the overhang. IMG_1239.jpg

Very nice look and ingenious solution! Way too classy for my boat!

Cute! A bassinette for old boaters!

You nailed it!

Damn. That’s really nice.

WOW
Talk about a drastic solution to the Bang Head problem. I have the same configuration in my C&L 44. I banged my head getting out of the hole under the aft deck the first couple of nights. I still have to be careful getting out of bed.
I see you have also found a unique location for the washer, in the hanging locker.
I enjoy seeing the creative solutions others have found to some of the quirks of our boats. Good on you.

Thanks, there are some funky elements to these great boats. But it makes it fun to figure out improvements. Putting the washing machine and A/C in closet still gives you hanging room on top.

Thanks, there are some funky elements to these great boats. But it makes it fun to figure out improvements. Putting the washing machine and A/C in closet still gives you hanging room on top.

It sure does make it fun!!!

I've often considered solutions to this problem. You've done very well! A problem for me is due to my size, flexibility and eyesight, I read in bed in a much more seated position. The headboard would have to be much higher to allow me to rest my head.

I've often considered solutions to this problem. You've done very well! A problem for me is due to my size, flexibility and eyesight, I read in bed in a much more seated position. The headboard would have to be much higher to allow me to rest my head.

You just need to incorporate the adjustable headrest like in some cars, into your design. I remember several of my parents' cars that the headrest could be moved up maybe 8" or totally removed.

Ted

EXCELLENT! How did you manage to fabricate the aluminum, do you have access to a metal shop? Those bends are beyond the skill level of most of us along with the cutting.

Made the template from hard board and then we had a metal fabricator cut and bend the aluminum stock to the shape of the template. Cheap materials. The biggest expense was upholstery and that was about $1k at King Canvas.

Kennet

You just need to incorporate the adjustable headrest like in some cars, into your design. I remember several of my parents' cars that the headrest could be moved up maybe 8" or totally removed.

Ted

That could be done pretty easily. I have one on the helm chair that would a perfect template. There is always a way to customize for us all. If you are that tall though your feet are definitely hitting the aft wall in this bed [emoji57]

Made the template from hard board and then we had a metal fabricator cut and bend the aluminum stock to the shape of the template. Cheap materials. The biggest expense was upholstery and that was about $1k at King Canvas.

Kennet

Still a GREAT JOB even if you received outside help!!!

That could be done pretty easily. I have one on the helm chair that would a perfect template. There is always a way to customize for us all. If you are that tall though your feet are definitely hitting the aft wall in this bed [emoji57]

GEES, and my younger years that I wished to be much taller. Now I benefit by having my feet covered while I sleep. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom